Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Maddie (Redux)

Okay, okay, I added a sentiment. It was bugging me that I could not get it to work last night, and sometimes you just have to walk away - just walk away - to get past the blockage.

Tonight, as I walked in from the Day Job, I greeted kitty and started to walk to the bedroom to get into my jammies. I need to walk past the crafting area to get to the bedroom, and I stopped. I looked. I measured. I finished.

This is the sentiment I had out last night: "It's all about the attitude!". It is one of my first custom one-liners I had made through SU, and I originally got it to go with my Red Hat cards. BTW, that is an incredibly good deal to get a custom one-liner stamp. I have several. :-) And they do not take any longer to arrive - they are just part of a normal order. Just something to keep in mind. Hmmm ... I could get three more: Hippo, Birdie and Two Ewe, couldn't I!?!?! :-)

ANYway, I'd originally stamped the sentiment and just cut it out to size and layered it - too skinny, I think. Tonight I decided to use a rectangle Nestie that was too fat and I lined it up off-center on purpose, so I could add some ribbon (surprise).

But then I got distracted and remembered a DCWV Cat Pack I have in The Other Room, so even though they are white, I stuck on a few cat paws in close-to-the-right colors for the card. And I liiiike. I took the photo of the card before I remembered I wanted to alter the sentiment, so I took a close-up of the "after" sentiment for ya.

Now that I look at it, maybe I should have crossed it out and written in Catitude up above. What do you think? I have until Friday night to re-do it.

On the home front, I have packed away The Heap in anticipation of getting to The Clean Sweep before Saturday night. Hey, a girl can dream. I thought about playing with my new PTI umbrella set in honor of all this freaking rain we've been having. I know all about April showers, but it is May, and if it does not stop raining, the farmers said the strawberries might not make it - they need SOME SUN! A season without fresh strawberries is like ... unNATural, ya know?! It is supposed to clear up by Sunday. We'll see.

Don't forget to enter my Blog-iversary G-I-V-E-A-W-A-Y! You have until Sunday midnight to post your entry. Come on down and play!

3 comments:

  1. Yep...much better! Love those little paw prints :)
    Mama and I have both made a card for your giveaway and I'll post them on my blog later...so you'll have at least 3 entries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so alike that it's scary sometimes. I do the same thing...walk by my stamp room and then stop...but it's usually first thing in the morning (after I've greeted Chevy the cat) and BEFORE I get to the gym (and of course, that ends my going to the gym Aaargh!). I love, Love, LOve, LOVe, LOVE it! Now the only thing that I might change is to make the "C" bigger and more pronounced. Really exaggerate it! Otherwise, it's PURRfect!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)