Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Much-Deserved Thank You Card

When my laptop was limping last week, I took it to a friend's house so he could save the laptop and my few remaining nerves. It took a lot longer than we'd anticipated, so I felt a formal Thank You was in order. Fortunately for me, the card design was easy even though my friend is a guy, because he has one known weakness: coffee. Here's the card:

The coffee cup is A Muse, and I own it now because I finally caved the last time I was at Angela's and it found its way into my shopping basket. I stamped it on some scrap textured SU Very Vanilla (left out from my green-dogs-on-a-chair cards). The dotted paper was also left over, but this time from my cup-cake cards, and the blue bands are pieces of the same paper, just the other side (so they match perfectly). I tell you, this 'not putting stuff away' gig can work wonders on the old inspiration! :-)

The sentiment is one of many in my caffeine collection, and then there's the ribbon. (You know it had to be done.)

On the inside I used my SU Slit punch and stuck in two Starbuck's gift cards. (they are left over from my stash I picked up in December, which explains the motif on the cards ... and no, I do not like Starbuck's much.) And now you should understand the blue bands of c/s on the front of the card - they cover up the backs of the slits. :-)

I think he should be happy, and it's the least I can do for a re-born laptop!

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely *guy* card.... cute images and the polka dot paper is just gorgeous. I love, love, love the sentiment & am in total agreement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's true, you know; i've never really seen the point of decaf! :)

    AWESOME card...love the way you have made slots to hold the g/c's and then disguised them with what look like purely decorative bands of (perfectly matching!) blue!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)