Friday, January 2, 2009

I Did A Little Shopping

I did some shopping ... just a little shopping. Actually, I was quite good compared to how it could have gone. Unlike Dec 31st, which was an expensive day (we'll talk about that some other time), today cost me about $6. Yep, I hit Mike's this morning, in search of any Martha 50% off punches left, but it looked like a pack of pirhana(s) had been through - there were nekkid shelves everywhere. I was saved! And my Mike's only had Martha's things at 40% off, anyway. But since I was there, I opted to look over the 50% Off Everything Christmas bins, and that's where I spent a whole $6. I even already used some of what I bought, too! Amazing!

Please observe:

If you can get past the bad lighting and photography (I really need to speak with that photographer), this pack of cards is made from the fronts of a 6-pack of cards I got in the $1 bin. I cut off the fronts, and made this set of 5 (one of the card fronts was damaged.) They are glossy, and a real pretty green with blue designs on them and some swirls in the background.

I rummaged through my Box of Blue Ribbon and managed to find one that went okay with the blue in the card and the Blue Bayou card base I chose to go with it.

To make the faux buttons, I stuck a piece of retired Outlaw DS paper to a piece of cardboard, punched it out, punched two 1/8" holes in it, then tied it to the long piece of ribbon with another shorter piece of ribbon.

The sentiment is the same one I used earlier (so of course it was still out) from the SU Thank You Kindly set. I stamped it with Stazon, since the patterned paper has a glossy finish.

This is a box of 6 I made from the card backs, where I needed to trim off the bottom a little, so the pieces are a little smaller.

Not bad, not bad. I used a $1 6-pack of cards, half a spool of ribbon from the stash, made faux buttons ... the only real 'expensive' part was the use of 6 pieces of now-retired Blue Bayou card stock, and my supply is dwindling. So sad.

Well, back to my stamping spot to see what other creations I can cook up. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Strikin' up the bargain shopping to create some stunning cards. Niiiiiicccccceeeee :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)