Friday, November 7, 2008

Pre-Craft Show Update

Oh, my aching bones! I should be in bed, but noooooo, I am still making signage and charging my cell phone and making sure I have everything I need for tomorrow.

After a long, brain-draining day at the Day Job, I headed over to the Community Center to unload the car and decide how to configure my space. This is the most difficult part of the set-up, since I have never, never, ever, set up twice the same way, even in the same spot at the same show two years in a row. I am constantly changing my display...I sold some of my walls, so I am down to three walls now; I now have a three-panel peg-board, and I brought some peg-board hanger thingies with me to see if I could make it work; I have a spinner rack; I have tables of varying sizes; I have all SORTS of possibilities.

By the time I'd unloaded everything, re-arranged my spot a gazillion times (okay, maybe only 3 or 4), and got mostly set up, I left around 7:30 pm with a mental list of everything I either forgot or needed to make (like new signage.) I think what I ended up with looks pretty good. I'll take some photos tomorrow so I can show you. I always take photos of my set-ups, because I have this unrealistic dream that some day I can look at the photo and know how to set up next time. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!! Ahem. Yeah, like that will happen.

So I have yet to start cutting up the kits for Sunday, and now I have like 15 people coming over (not all at once - three separate sessions Sun & Mon), and I also did not finish barely started the Clean Sweep. As I type this I am debating whether to start cutting or just go to bed. I fear I'll be too tired tomorrow to do everything, but hey, like a friend of mine once told me, "You get all the sleep you need when you die." Sleep is sooooo over-rated, you know.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)