Friday, November 28, 2008

Marathon - Post #4 (with SYFY Tip #7)

I hope everyone has recovered from their Turkey comas, and life is back to normal. With turkey leftovers.

Here's some of what I did yesterday, ALL based on what I discovered in the box I emptied out in order to do some paperwork and have a box in which to put it when I was done.

First I took this card ...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




...and made this. (Yes, it is the same card, peeps, just bad photography.) All I did was add some ribbon, which apparently back in the day had not entered my brain as THE way to update a card. :-)


Then I took this old OSW, cut it into 8 pieces, and set out to make 8 cards. I had no idea it would take me ALL DAY to do that.

Depending on how I cut the OSW, I had some colors more prominent than others. Because of the More Mustard all over the place, I matted all of the pieces on More Mustard and also used More Mustard ribbon (of course).

This one got Brocade Blue. You'll also notice I used up come already-cut pieces of Old Olive DS paper. Yes, I am very proud.


These two also got the Brocade Blue treatment.
.
.
This one is actually Lovely Lilac, but it's difficult to tell. I really need to speak with the photographer about this.


This is the last one I made, and I was reaching for a different way to layer the same boring sentiment when I looked to my left and saw a pile of already-punched Curly Labels, so I used one. I really like how this one turned out!

Just to show you the mats really are two different colors (as if you doubted me) ... The one on the top is Lovely Lilac and the one on the bottom is Brocade Blue. Really!
.
.
.
.





And now for my SYFY Tip #7. One of the cards above has a torn-edge layer. This was not planned. I had A Moment when I cut the OSW into pieces. I cut them into 4 1/4" and 5 1/2" lengths, because, well, in my mind at that moment it made sense. (Sometimes it is difficult being me.) Then I went and layered those pieces on the More Mustard, making them even bigger. Then I tried to put them on the card. You can imagine what happened.


On the left you can see the result of Crooked Stamper cutting logic. Do not go there. On the right is how I saved myself from myself - by tearing the layers to make it look like I meant to do that! Sigh. So think, people, think before you cut!


Okay, that's it for this installment. I am going to do some more spreadsheet entries and hopefully stamp something else. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. oh you are SO BRILLIANT at updating!!! awesome cards!!! (i ♥love♥ the one with the curly label...but then...i'm sort of having a curly label obsession right now!)

    ps re measuring: i am THRILLED that you did that AND showed that! it makes me feel sooooo much less alone... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are being very productive!

    I am your ribbon sister...a card just feels too nekkid without it.

    All your sentiments look great, but I am partial to the curly label too...mine just arrived in the mail last Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want that curly label punch...I may just have a teeny tiny punch addiction, but that's ok it goes with my ribbon addiction :)
    I must admit I'm rather partial to your SYFY tips...makes me think about ways that I could have *saved* stuff from ending up in the bin...LOL!
    OH and btw, that link for the guy making a card with the power tools doesn't work :( I tried searching for it but couldn't find it...maybe they took it away so as to not encourage men to such foolishness....lmbo!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)