Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Back In The Saddle

I've actually done a little catching up on my Catch-up Day. I wrote out all the September birthday cards for my customers, and only three of the four will be late. Not bad. I tell ya, next month I think I'll make Belated Birthday cards, if only to give myself some slack. KIDDING! ;-)

I also took the time to create my stamps-for-sale spreadsheet; I updated my list here (the link is also in the side bar menu), and I posted them to SCS, too. Hopefully I'll sell some of these sets so I can move in here!

Then I rewarded myself by stamping! Driving all those hours yesterday gave me plenty of time to plan what my first stampin' projects would be today. First I wanted to use my as-yet-uninked PTI Quilter's Sampler set. I also thought I'd use the Copic markers I have to color them. This is what I ended up with:

I like how the patterns are really easy to color, and that they come with the stitching as part of the stamp. These also fit a 3/4" square punch, making it easy for people like me to stamp multiple images on a scrap of paper, color them, then punch them out and have them line up perfectly. I really like how this came out!

Moving on, I decided to mount one of the SU sets that came the day before I left town: Cheers To You. This set was offered in the UK last year, and with SU's "no international sales" policy, people in the US were begging SU to offer it here. I did not beg, but I certainly had no qualms about ordering the set once it became available. ;-)

A few years ago I'd bought a funny sentiment from Viva Las Vegas Stamps (I think) and I had to make up a beer mug, since I did not have one at the time. But now that I have this set, this card needed to be made:

Yeah, yeah, I know - the sentiment is crooked. I really tried. Did you notice there is no ribbon? I figured this card would go to a guy, so I decided to hold off on the ribbon thing.

I made the foam poofy by using Liquid Applique. It flattens a little bit when I put it in the clear sleeve, but it still has texture to it, which is what I wanted.

So ends my catch-up day. I feel rested and hungry - time to go rustle up some grub! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. These are both great! You make the quilt card sound so easy, but it looks like a lot of time went into it. Your beer card is too cute :) I am sure it will be a conversation piece at your market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that beer card! That is fabulous. I am sure there are many guys -- and girls -- who would surely appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)