Okay, 'nuf whining...on to stampin'! The new stuff first. The other night I opened and cut into my new In Color card stock and DS paper, and also mounted my new stamp set. This is what I made up:
Recipe (all by SU): Stamps - Wow Flowers; Paper - Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Bella Rose DS paper; Ink - Versamark, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss; Other - 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle punches, Heat Tool, Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon.
Totally simple, though I did manage to get some ribbon in there! I am always afraid to cut into all the new stuff, so I was still being careful when I made this. I love how the Old Olive ribbon is close enough to use with the Kiwi.
Oh, and I tried something I do not think I've tried before - embossing with Classic inks! It is so easy! First you ink up your stamp in Versamark, then you ink it up in the Classic ink and stamp it on your card stock. Then clean your stamp really, really well (I twisted it on my grid paper until it twisted off clean), then repeat. I stamped it 3 times, then embossed it with clear EP. Now, if I can get my customers to remember to clean the stamp between each image, I'll be good. Or maybe I'll pull out my older Versamark pads, since you just know at least one person will say, "Oops!" :-) I think they will love the idea of embossing with all the colors, so it may be worth the price of a new Versamark pad, ya know? :-) Okay, I'm over it.
Then tonight I decided to make a card that (1) used a sentiment I printed several months ago and have moved a dozen times but never used, and (2) used some of the paper left in this:This is exactly what it says it is: a Dog scrapin' kit. It is 8x8 and has textured card stock, patterned papers, etc. I gave away all the vellum sayings, and I have used some of the papers before, so I mostly have just the papers and card stock left. I thought I'd use it with my A Muse book stack stamp, and this is what came out:
And another version, just with different paper:
It's kindof difficult to see, but the blue and tan card stock is textured, and I used my Nestabilities to cut the white piece around the books and also the blue piece behind it. I even embossed the white piece (pats self on back ...)
I added the brads (from my stash) to make it look finished, but the last thing I did was color the books. Until that point they both still looked nekked, especially the one with the paw prints, since it did not have any color in the patterned paper. Once I put some color on the books, though, the whole thing just came together, and I loved both versions!
And back to domesticity, I begged at work again and two of my co-workers came to my rescue, so I get to bake again this weekend. One of them asked specifically for the Yogurt-Marmalade Cake, so I caved. Sigh, right now I need to put that last load of laundry into the dryer and then go to bed. This domestic stuff is quite tiring...