Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Eureka Moment

Every once in a while I have A Moment. You know, when you can almost feel the lightbulb over your head? In addition to the usual suspects in my stash like paper, ribbon, brads, etc., I also have a drawer of retired Stampin' Up! sets I just cannot bring myself to sell. You just never know when you might need one, ya know?

Tonight, as I worked on my scrapbook, trying desperately to get through Hannibal, Missouri, I had a Eureka Moment! I had punched out a piece of scrap with the SU Key Tag punch and written Hannibal, Missouri on it for the page. B-o-r-i-n-g! I wished I'd had some very tiny flourishy images to use to decorate the edges, when - ta-da - I remembered the Fancy Flexible Phrases [edited to change the set name from Noteworthy to Fancy Flexible Phrases. My bad. True, I touched Noteworthy, but FFF is the other hoarded set I actually used.] set I had in my Save drawer, and out it came! This is what resulted from that inspiration:

Okay, I'll admit it is not that great, but I was still pretty proud of myself! And after only two or three tries, it was even almost straight! I wrote the name of the city against the top edge of a small ruler - a trick I learned in High School - to make it look like I'd attempted to write it straight.

I would have posted earlier this evening, but the original image I unloaded from my camera to the 'puter was so large that I took a moment to admire the detail in the paper's texture. I am very easily distracted.

And just to show you I really did stamp something yesterday, here is a card I plan to use for next weekend's workshops.

Recipe (All products by SU): Stamps - Sassy Suzie; Paper - Whisper White, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy card stock, More Mustard DS paper; Ink - Black Stazon, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, Not Quite Navy, Blush Blossom; Other - Navy gg ribbon, Old Olive and Real Red markers, Blender Pen, Sponge Dauber.

Sassy Suzie by SU (available in the Occasions Mini Catalog coming out March 1st) is soooo perfect for me. I am very glad that SU came out with it so I can share my irreverence with The Ladies at my workshops. :-)

Oh, and if you are looking for a yummy beef dish, check out Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich. Man, oh, man...is it ever GOOD! Skip the bread and just eat it out of the skillet! And then do 20 laps around the block!

Sorry about that last outburst, but I had to share. It really was yummy! Okay, now I am off to work on my Missouri pages some more. I hope to be into Iowa by this weekend! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up!

    Love the card! and..the AHA moment!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)