Monday, December 17, 2007

A Second Helping of Irreverence

After a tough week, followed by a tough weekend, by 3:00 pm Sunday I felt the need for a trip to the local stamp store. Hey, someone has to support the local economy, right?

I really went to look for more Figgy Pudding paper, but alas they had none. No problem! I found some stamps that just jumped into my basket, so what could I do but take them home? But I have this rule that I must use the new things I buy at least once, so I am pushing myself to do just that before I put them away.

First up is another Figgy Pudding card. I just loooove this paper!


Recipe:Stamps - Happy Everything (SU); Card Stock - Mellow Moss (SU), Figgy Pudding (Basic Grey); Ink - Choc Chip Craft (SU); Other - Clear EP, Choc Chip ribbon, 3/4 inch circle punch, brads, SU Ticket Corner punch.

I had this idea that the circles on this pattern from the 6x6 pack would fit the 3/4 inch circle punch, and they do! So I punched some out of another piece and popped them up on the main piece.

I originally had more circles on the bottom half of the card, but ended up with a less-is-more version that I prefer. And I also used Christmas paper for a non-Christmas card (pats self on back). ;-)


Next up is a card I made tonight for a co-worker.


Recipe: Stamps - A Muse; Paper - A Muse card base, SU Whisper White and Old Olive; Ink - Black StazOn; Other - Marvy Punches, SU markers, Sakura red glitter pen, ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon).

I have been eyeing this A Muse stamp for a while, and it was one of those mentioned above that found their way into my basket. I also managed to use an A Muse card base from my stash as well as some new ribbon I had to get from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

The Olive square is mounted on Dimensionals to add some pop, and to make it easier for me to tie the ribbon. ;-)


And NOW for some irreverence! I felt a burning need to use these sentiments tonight, so I got lazy and used the same lady for all of them. She is by Art Impressions, and on their Web site her name is Jewel. I think she looks more like a Maude, or a Harriet, or maybe a Blanche. Hmmm ... maybe I'll offer a Blanche line next year. ;-)



Recipe: Stamps - bg by Cornish Heritage Farms, lady by Art Impressions, sentiment by River City Rubber Works; Paper - Naturals White, Basic Gray, Wild Wasabi, misc patterned paper; Ink - Wild Wasabi, Basic Black; Other - SU markers, Sakura glitter pens, gingham ribbon, dimensionals.

If you have read any of my other posts, you may recall that the more irreverent the saying, the more likely I am to purchase it!

I had seen the above sentiment online in the past and resisited purchasing it, but it was within arm's reach yesterday, so I got it. What else could I do? Hmmm ... Now that I see it is from River City Rubber Works, I wonder if I might not already have it. Ah, well, c'est la vie.

When I use this lady for a card, I stamp her twice - once on the layer for the card, and once on the patterned paper; then I cut her dress out in two pieces. It is a little work, but I think it looks great!

Side note: I went a bit nuts a little while ago looking through all of my Stampin' Up! DS papers. I was desperately seeking the Wild Wasabi that I was SURE would match her dress. I looked and looked and muttered some questionable words and looked some more. Finally, in utter frustration, I looked in my catalog where I marked which papers I'd bought and lo and behold - we do not offer the DS paper in Wild Wasabi! No wonder I could not find it! Sigh ...

Plan B - I stamped a Cornish Heritage Farms backgrounder stamp (that just happened to be on my work table - see how easy things are when you do not clean up immediately?!?!?) on a piece of Wild Wasabi card stock with Wild Wasabi ink to create the background.

Here she is again, same background, same everything, just a different sentiment. I just love her!!!



Recipe: Stamps - bg by Cornish Heritage Farms, lady by Art Impressions, sentiment by Repeat Impressions; Paper - Naturals White, Basic Gray, Wild Wasabi, misc patterned paper; Ink - Wild Wasabi, Basic Black; Other - SU markers, Sakura glitter pens, gingham ribbon, dimensionals.

And last, but not least, a Mustard version with yet another must-have sentiment.




Recipe: Stamps - lady by Art Impressions, sentiment by Repeat Impressions; Paper - Naturals White, Basic Gray, More Mustard DS Paper, misc patterned paper; Ink - Basic Black; Other - SU markers, Sakura glitter pens, gingham ribbon, dimensionals.

That's all I have in me for tonight. Of to sleepy-land so I can go to work in the morning, then come home and play some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)