Saturday, December 22, 2007

Better Late Than Never

I am finally getting around to working on my holiday cards for this year. I cannot bring myself to buy cards, and I have not for years, so it comes down to sending them late or not sending them at all. Last year I think I made my cards on Dec 24th, but since there are 12 days of Christmas, I was still okay, at least in my own mind! I have considered doing Happy New Year cards, but I decided that in the end, a seasonal-related card, like "Winter", would be the best all-around solution.

I have my non-SU card in the works now, still in design mode, but I just made these for my faithful SU Customers.

Recipe (all SU products): Stamps - Snowfall, Glad Tidings; Paper - Soft Sky, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Wintergreen DS paper; Ink - Soft Sky, Always Artichoke; Other - Jumbo Eyelets Antique Brass, Vintage brads, Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon.

I decide to keep it simple. Yes, I had to cut out all those snowflakes, but in the end I really like the look of them! Now I am off to look up all the addresses and get these out!

Next up will be my other card. I am still working on the design, and may end up with several different ones. Having several would certainly eliminate the decision-making on which to use, and also cut down on the repetition of the assembly-line. ;-)

This is the only time of year I keep in touch with a lot of people in my life, so I do make the effort to communicate, and I include a hand-written note to each one. This is also why these may not go out until close to the New Year, which is ... yikes - less than 10 days away. Hard to believe. But I think that extra personal touch is worth the time for all the years these people have been in my life.

Enough sap - back to work!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)