Saturday, October 13, 2007

Necessity, the Mother of Invention

One of the first things I do when I hit the island is to get my bones to the liquor store. It's not that I drink much, but I do consume more here than in the whole year at home. I just love walking the beach during the heat of the day, then sitting around in the evening sipping an icy Margarita.

So I went to make a blender of the stuff the other evening, and I found I had forgotten to get Triple Sec! Lotsa Tequila, but no Triple Sec. Oh, well, I did without and lived through it. Barely.

Then tonight I had a brainstorm - use Pomegranate juice! And I did! I used the same amount as I would have put in of Triple Sec, and they are yummy! Success!

While I have pomegranate on my mind, I wanted to share this bookmark I made. I had talked myself out of buying any of the new SU wrapping paper and coordinating satin ribbon since I do not celebrate Christmas, and I knew I'd have a TON of the stuff left over. Then I was enabled by a thread on SCS, and I bought ALL of the wrapping paper and ribbon. Sigh. I am weak.

I was playing with the ribbon the other day ... actually I was fondling it - it is GORgeous - and I decided to make a bookmark out of it. I had seen one in a previous SU catalog with a set I broke down and finally bought, just before it retired, but I never got around to making a bookmark. This ribbon just screams bookmark. It is heavy and soft and I just love it, can you tell? :-)


I stamped four images from the True Friend set in Purely Pomegranate ink on Very Vanilla card stock, then cut them out, then put a brad in the center of each.

I ran snail adhesive on the back side of one of the cut-outs and stuck on one ribbon end. I stuck on two Dimensionals, then lined up a second cut-out image to cover up the ribbon end.

I repeated this on the other end of the ribbon. Done!

I think this will be a perfect Holiday Stamp Camp project.

Now back to that blender full of Margaritas...they are beginning to melt!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)